Lung-Liver-Bone Cancer from Melbourne
Dear Dr Chris,
I came to know your institution through our friends.
My husband has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and spread to liver and bone 10 days ago.
He had his first chemotherapy a few days ago on 10th July. The next one will be on the 17th July.
We live in Melbourne, Australia and I am interested to visit you in Penang. My husband will not come with me.
Please allow me to query so that my trip will be rightly scheduled and fully utilised:
1. What days and time can I meet with you?
2. Do I have to stay in Penang for long?
3. What do I have to carry with me?
4. Would it be good to start taking your medication now or wait until the series of chemos are completed? And why?
5. Any other suggestions please?
My husband details:
Age: 55 years
Usually healthy but in the last few months he has lost 7 kg and loosing eating appetite. He was taken for X-ray and subsequently CT scan and biopsy. The cancer was confirmed from the biopsy.
Thank you for your attention and I waiting for your reply.