I was going through some articles about chemotherapy and came across your websitewww.cancercaremalaysia.com. After going through the website I have got a new hope for my daughter.
Please find the attached files of MRI images, MRI report & biopsy report of my 18 months daughter.
The first symptoms were about a month back when her blinking of both the eyes was uneven. She used to blink her right eye less as compared to left eye & had lot of tears flowing through right eye. When consulted our pediatric, he first thought it might be due to some infection. He prescribed neusporin. After 4-5 days, her tears stopped & even she stopped blinking her right eye. By then her mouth was little deviated in the right side. When consulted my pediatric he doubted Right facial nerve palsy & suggested a neurologist. Neurologist also doubted the same, prescribed some vitamin syrups & told it’ll be cured in 6 weeks.
We consulted another neurologist for second opinion & he suggested for MRI scan. We got MRI Contrast & brain stem tractography scan done on 05 July. In MRI scan we got the tumor near brain stem (Large Pontine glioma). I’ve attached couple of photos & MRI report. By this time my daughter was not able to walk straight. Her balance was more towards left side & she often fell while walking. Even her head is tilted to left side.
We also consulted a neurosurgeon, Dr. Rao, who agreed to do a biopsy to check the tumor. Biopsy was done on 11 July & I’ve attached Biopsy report. /biopsy report says its ependymoblastoma.
Post biopsy, her blinking of the eye still persists & even her neck is still tilted towards left. She is still not able to walk & she is still recovering from biopsy operation.
Dr. Rao had referred to Dr. Patil, oncologist, where they suggest Chemotherapy. I’ve attached Pathalogist report of HCG hospital also dated 24 July. Report says its CNS primitive neuroectodermal tumor (PNET).
I am not sure which stage is the tumor is in. Since today morning she is not able to sit properly. She needs support sit. She is not having control on her neck & her left eye is not aligned with right eye (the retina of left eye moves separately & right eye retina moves separately). She is feeling uneasy n wants to be on bed sleeping all the time. These all are additional symptoms to the existing old ones.
My wife and I are not in favor of chemotherapy. But looking at her symptoms all my relatives are suggesting me to go in for chemotherapy & even my doctor is telling me take decision quickly.
Please help me out as am not able to take a decision about my daughter’s life.
If u suggest, I can come down to Penang. Thank You.
Reply: Where are you from? And she is only 18 months old? It would be very, very hard for her to drink all those bitter and smelly herbal tea.
Thank you for the quick reply. I am from Bangalore, India.I went through your interactions with patients and I somehow feel your medication would help us out. I do understand that the medicine would be bitter and smelly, but I feel that would be much better than going through painful chemotherapy. Please suggest us on this. My doctor is insisting for chemo from Monday or Tuesday and has asked to get chemo port put in by Monday. I really don’t want her to go through that painful procedure. Pls suggest us at the earliest. I can fly to your place whenever reqd. Thank you once again. Regards.
Reply: Thanks for your email. It is indeed very hard for me to advise what to do exactly. It is trying to choose between the deep blue sea and the devil. We cannot know what is the best course of action. And I have to be very frank with you because I don’t want to mislead you.
I would not have any hesitation if your daughter is a bit older. Last night I had a young boy with leukemia and I believe he benefited from our herbs …but for a one plus … I really don’t know.
I also know what chemo is a disaster. There is no future at all. Even if it helps now it is going to be more cancer in the future. There was a young Indian girl who came, she had radiation and that killed her.
But if you think I can help, you can come and see me. Bring all the MRI and medical reports and we discuss. But also remember that we can only try out best.
There is R from India whose son-in-law flew in from New Delhi. The doctor gave up on him. He took the herbs and scan showed he got better. That’s amazing but he is an old man, not a one plus.
Please think seriously if you really need to come and see me.
Hello Dr. Chris,
We have thought upon this and have decided to go in for ur medication. Now I have checked with my friends and have come across my college classmate who stays in KL. She can come down to your place with all reports and maybe I can speak to you over the phone then. Please let me know if we have any other options. Thank you.