Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumour from Indonesia: Doctor needs help too
To : Prof. Chris K H Teo,
I’m RPR, MD. I have got your email address from my friend, Ber, MD. She advised me to asked about my father disease. I would like to ask your opinion about the disease and any treatment. In beginning, there was swollen on the left calf and had been got wide excision in August 2009, and Pathologic result was GCT tendon sheath. Then, about 1 year later, he got other swollen on his left back and right tight and had been got wide excision and Pathologic result was MPNST (Malignant Peripheral Nerve Sheath Tumor). He got radiotherapy about 12 times (4000 Currie).
And about 1 year after that he get fracture on his right shaft humerus, with pathologic feature was metastase. There is no other bone metastase on bone survey examination but not doing bone scan and not chemotherapy. By now, he was complaint there is swollen at his head and right gluteus about 15 x 8 x 3 cm. I would like to ask you to give me any advice for the further treatment as your better opinion. I would like to say thank you so much for your any advice for me. Thank you. RP, North Sumatra.
Reply: Hello Doc., Sorry for the delay in replying. Based on the above information, I must say I cannot say much of what is going on. It looks like the cancer is spreading from one site to another. And if you do a PET scan you may see many other spots somewhere else? It is hard for me to say much and there is no magic bullet here for such problem. I wonder what do you want me to do? Do you believe in what we are doing in the first place? Regards.
Thank you Prof. Chris,
I believe that you can help my dad tumour problems by your methods. I want to try this because I know you had been success in treating patients. I have read your website, and know from my friend Ber. I need to try and I want this can work for my dad too. My dad condition is conscious and likely normal status, no dyspnea, no decreasing weight, still eat and drink and still can doing daily activity. These tumours are likely featuring locally but I’m not sure. I hope it is not spreading.
Yes, I want to performing PET Scan anyway. But, if your method treatment can help, why not. Maybe you want me and my dad come to Penang, but really I want to do it, but not now. I don’t have any time in this month. Please, could you give me any solution? What’s the first step must I doing for this?