Lung Cancer from Singapore: Surgery, Chemo, Radiation, Iressa – did not help
My mom now age 68 has stage 4 lung cancer and i would like to bring her to see u. As we are from Singaapore, can u please advise if we were to see u on a Friday, how long must we stay in Penang to get the medicine please? If Sun, any different?
I will provide the latest CT scan n medical reports when we visit, but here is a short summary.
- Diagnose with Stage 3A Lung cancer in April 2012. Went through chemo and radiation immediately in preparation for surgery.
- Start TCM 19 May 2012.
- Surgery to remove lower portion of right lung on 10 Aug 2012.
- After surgery, discover there were still cancer cells in some of the bio samples taken out. Scheduled to go for chemo but could not go due to low white blood cells. Rely totally on TCM to try to kill cancer cells and rebuilt immunity meanwhile.
- In Sep 2013, progression of cancer. Start Irressa 21 Sep 2013.
- Irressa not effective 2 Dec 2014 (1 yr 2 mths).
- Now ask to go chemo to prolong life.
The last time my mom went through chemo, she was in so much pain n could not walk. It was not expected by the oncologist. We are going to say no to more chemos n radiations.
Thanks very much for taking time to read my email.
Reply: I don’t not think you need to bring your mom to see us. There is really nothing much I can do to help. You have done all what the doctors wanted her to do — surgery, chemo, radiation, Iressa etc… and no help. And she is also on TCM. Why don’t she continue taking the TCM herbs .. I cannot cure her cancer… even you come and see me what do you expect me to do? Regards.