Good day to you Prof,
For your information my husband was diagnosed NPC stage 4 on January 2013. He took 3 cycle of chemotherapy and the tumor had shrunk. He refused radiotherapy because many people told him that the side effects of RT is bizarre. He finished the 3 cycle chemo on April 2013.
By end of July 2013, there was a lump on his neck and we decided to ct scan again. The result was the tumor was metastasis and need immediate treatment. We went to private hospital since we were rejected by oncologist at general Hospital regarding our reluctant of RT last April.
Thus my husband received treatment starting with chemotherapy and 35 time RT. He finished his treatment on 21st November 2013.
On March 2014, We do CT Scan again and it shows that the tumor was gone. His nose and neck is clear. We were very happy that time.
But it was just the beginning of my husband illness. On that month, he claimed pain on his hips and leg…the pain come and go…we went for xray and ultrasound of his abdomen and everything is normal.
Then again, on end of May 2014 he was admitted to hospital because of anemia…from that day he always anemia even though he had blood transfusion.
Last week doctor arranged him for Bone Marrow Aspiration and the result is there are NPC Metastatic on his bone.
Now the oncologist give us 2 options : Chemo or Go Home and wait.
For your information my husband weight before all the treatment was 82kg and now he only 42kg.
I believe we were chosen to faced this and i believed in God miracle. I pray for God show us the way.
I googled about bone mets and i found your website.
We discussed and we hope we can fly to Penang and meet you for consultations and medications. But time is very limited to us
My husband chose to do the chemotherapy but he afraid if he is not strong enough to go through it. The chemo will be start next Tuesday.
I hope Doctor can give us second opinion about this matter.
Thank you in advance doctor.
Reply: if the past chemo and radiation treatment did not cure him …what make you think this time around it is going to cure you?
Now he admitted to hospital due to his low red blood and platelet..he is receiving blood and platelet transfusion..he went to his 1st palliative chemo last Tuesday..but this morning the onco suggest us go home and the no need chemo anymore.
I really want to bring him to ca care..we know there is no cure for his illness..I’m waiting for his blood stable and then decide when we can meet you.
But can you estimate the cost so that i can tell the family and discuss how to bear the cost later.
By the way..thanks for replying us.